It's easy to cancel and refund credit card transactions within your fundraisers. This article will take you through the simple process.
Note: The instructions below only apply to transactions made by credit card via Stripe.
Here's how to cancel and refund a transaction:
- Go to your campaigns in the left menu (the megaphone icon).
- Click on your campaign, then click view donations*.
- Find the donation you wish to cancel, hover over it, and in the three-dot icon on the right of that row, click cancel donation*.
- In the pop-up, confirm the details of the donation you wish to cancel and add a refund reason. This reason will be included in the email we'll send to the donor when you cancel their donation.
- Click the CANCEL DONATION* button to finalize the cancellation.
Good to know:
- The donor will receive the full amount refunded to their card.There are no fees for refunding a charge, but the fees from the original charge are not returned to your organization.
- Partial refunds are not supported at this time. If you refund a transaction, it will cancel and refund the full amount of the transaction.
- It can take up to 15 minutes for your page to reflect an updated amount raised after cancelling a donation.
- After initiating the refund, it will take 5-10 business days for the refund to be reflected in the donor’s bank or credit card account
- If you cancel a transaction in 'submitted' or 'pending' status (like per-unit pledges on an A-Thon campaign), the transaction will simply be cancelled and the individual won't be charged at the end of your campaign. No refund will be issued in these cases because the donor's card wasn't charged in the first place.
- We'll automatically send the donor an email confirming their cancelled donation. This way, you won't have to manually write back to each donor to let them know you’ve refunded their transaction.
- You can also refund any transaction directly from your Stripe dashboard. In this case, the associated transaction will be cancelled in RallyUp as well.
*The title of this page may be different depending on your campaign's terminology settings (e.g., 'view payments' or 'view transactions').