Viral sharing is a feature that helps you attract new donors and increase donations by motivating your supporters to promote your campaign. As a reward for sharing and bringing new donors to your campaign, they can get free bonus entries for themselves.
In this article, we'll give you an overview of how the feature works.
How viral sharing works
Viral sharing involves two parties:
- The Promoter: the person who signs up to receive a referral link for your campaign, which they can then share
- The Donor: the person who signs up to receive a referral link for your campaign, which they can then share
When viral sharing is enabled within your raffle or sweepstakes, you'll see a card on your campaign page (below your prizes) where people can sign up as promoters. Once they do so, they'll receive their own unique sharing link and a dashboard for tracking their progress.
Get bonus entries
- The promoter gets bonus entries for sharing their link on social media
- The promoter gets additional bonus entries when a donor buys entries using the promoter's unique link.
- The donor also gets bonus entries in addition to the entries they purchased.
- The promoter only receives bonus entries when donors enter the raffle or sweepstakes through that promoter’s special link.
Good to know:
- You can customize how many bonus entries are awarded for each of the three types of sharing discussed above. You'll see in campaign setup that we recommend a few values for you based on best practices, but you can change them as you like.
- Viral sharing can be enabled anytime on your campaign.
- To prevent spam and abuse, promoters can only get free entries for sharing on social media once per social network (Twitter and LinkedIn).
Each promoter gets their own dashboard to track their progress and share out their link.
As the organizer of a sweepstakes or raffle with viral sharing enabled, you'll get access to the following new reports in your campaign management area:
- View earned entries: See a list of all the bonus entries that have been issued to both promoters and donors.
- View promoters: See a list of all promoters who have signed up to earn bonus entries.
How to turn on Viral Sharing
- Go to your campaigns in the left menu (the megaphone icon).
- Click on the raffle or sweepstakes you want to enable viral sharing on, then click edit.
- Go to the raffle or sweepstakes section of setup.
- Scroll down to the card that says, “award entries to people who share your campaign.”
- Check the box enable viral sharing.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page to apply the changes.