When you set up your organization's funding options, you can enable PayPal as a means of payment. All donations made through PayPal will go directly to your organization’s PayPal account. You will therefore need a PayPal business account for your organization before you can set up this payment option. When you have a PayPal business account, you can simply link it under the manage funding options section of your settings menu.
While PayPal can be added as a payment option for donors, it cannot be the main payment method on a campaign. Instead, any donations not made through PayPal or by check will be processed by Stripe. This includes donations made by credit card.
(For donations made through Stripe, you can choose from our direct funding or deferred funding options. Learn more here: Direct and Deferred Funding: What's the Difference?)
Once you've linked your PayPal account to your organization, you'll need to manually enable it as a payment method for each fundraising campaign you create. Follow the simple steps below to accept PayPal payments for your fundraisers.
How to enable PayPal in Campaign Setup
- Go to your campaigns in the left menu (the megaphone icon).
- Click the title of the campaign you're working on, then click EDIT.
- Go to the donations section of setup.
- Scroll down to the card with payment options and check the box for PayPal.
Good to know!
- PayPal is not eligible on raffles, sweepstakes, auctions and a-thon campaigns when a donation based on activity performed is made. PayPal will not appear as an option in the checkout process for these occurrences.
Other articles you may find helpful: