If you’re interested in gathering more information from your donors, you can add custom fields to your donor checkout page. These fields are useful for asking donors questions in checkout such as, "How did you hear about this campaign?" You might also need to collect information from them such as dietary restrictions or preferences to inform prize decisions.
How to add custom fields to your campaign:
- Open setup for your campaign click on the options section in the timeline.
- Click checkout options.
- On the card titled “create custom field for donors,” click ADD CUSTOM FIELD.
- Enter the question or custom field title. Note that this is what will display to donors in checkout.
- Use the checkbox to make this custom field required or optional. If you make the field required, donors will be obligated to provide a response before moving forward with their donation.
- Click SAVE at the bottom of the page to apply your changes.
There is no limit on the number of custom fields you can create, so feel free to add more than one.
Click here to find out how to export the information you collect from donors.