Customizing the text associated with the charge that will show on your donor's bank statement can prevent confusion. By entering text associated with your organization or campaign, you may decrease the number of credit card disputes arising from an unfamiliar charge.
Use one of the two options below to customize the text shown.
- Click on funding in the left menu.
- At the bottom of the first section, look for enter the text that will display on donor’s credit card statements.
- Enter the text.
- Click save at the bottom of the page when you’re finished.
- Click my campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click edit fundraiser*.
- Click advanced options in the timeline at the top.
- Click on the checkout options bar.
- Look for this box. Enter the text and click save at the bottom of the page.
Good to know
- Text entered in the organization settings will override text entered in the campaign setup menu. If no text is entered in either place, the text will default to the first 22 characters of your campaign title.
- Please note that characters (ex. !,-,') and numbers cannot be used on this line.
- Credit card disputes can cost your organization money. Not only can you lose the donation, but your organization will incur the dispute fee charged by the bank. This fee will come out of the total amount raised. Adding specific text will help reduce potential chargebacks.
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve chosen for your campaign.