Customizing the text associated with the charge that will show on your donor's bank statement can prevent confusion. By entering text associated with your organization or campaign, you may decrease the number of credit card disputes arising from an unfamiliar charge.
Use one of the two options below to customize the text shown.
1. Organization Settings
- Click the gear icon on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click on manage funding options. At the bottom of the first box, you will see where you can enter your text.
- Click save at the bottom of the page when you’re finished.
2. Campaign Setup Menu
- Click options in the campaign setup menu.
- Click on the checkout options bar.
- Scroll down to find “enter the text that will show on the donor's credit card statements” to customize the text.
- When you’re modifying the text, click save at the bottom of the page.
Good to know
- Text entered in the organization settings will override text entered in the campaign setup menu. If no text is entered in either place, the text will default to the first 22 characters of your campaign title.
- Please note that characters (ex. !,-,') and numbers cannot be used on this line.
- Credit card disputes can cost your organization money. Not only can you lose the donation, but your organization will incur the dispute fee charged by the bank. This fee will come out of the total amount raised. Adding specific text will help reduce potential chargebacks.