Raffles and sweepstakes (also known as giveaways) are a great way to raise money for a cause. They do come with some legal requirements that the beneficiary organization is responsible for, though. Because of this, we do not allow individuals to run charity giveaways on RallyUp without receiving permission from the organization they are raising money for. This allows the organization to have complete oversight of the fundraiser.
If you've been contacted by an individual or business that wants to run a giveaway for your organization, we’ve made it easy to allow them to do so while ensuring you have complete oversight.
Follow the simple steps below to get started:
Register your organization or group on RallyUp if you haven’t already. Check out this help article to learn how.
Invite an individual or company to run a giveaway by adding them as an advocate on your account (see video below).
How to invite an individual or company to run a giveaway:
- Click users in the left menu.
- Click on actions and then click add advocate to enter their email address.
- Click invite to send them an invitation to set up and manage a charity giveaway for your organization.
Good to know:
- Once invited, the advocate will receive a link via email to get started. The advocate will not have access to your organization account or settings. They will only have access to the campaign setup menu to create and publish the fundraiser.
- You’ll be able to view, manage, or edit the fundraiser at any time. Feel free to reach out to your advocate(s) to suggest edits to the fundraiser or require specific terms to be listed.
- We encourage you to be aware of any local or state laws regarding raffles or sweepstakes to ensure that the fundraiser is compliant (learn more)