A-thon fundraisers can a great deal of excitement, since the amount you’re raising will likely correspond directly with the activity you’re completing. Many people participating in the fundraiser will want to know how you’re progressing. Providing regular updates on the amount raised can keep people engaged in your cause.
Until you finalize your a-thon fundraiser, the “amount raised” shown on your main campaign page is just an estimate. You can learn more about this here: How are pledges calculated on my A-Thon fundraiser?
As you add activity results to your fundraiser, you can calculate the amount raised so far based on the results you’ve added. This will give you a more accurate calculation of your amount raised than the estimate shown on your main page.
This information can be announced at live events, daily school announcements, or for any instance in which you need to give an accurate update on the amount raised.
How to calculate the amount raised:
- Go to your 'campaigns' in the left menu (the megaphone icon).
- Click the title of the campaign you're working on.
- Click on 'enter activity results.'*
- Click the ACTIONS button, then click 'calculate amount raised.'
Good to know:
- The amount shown after clicking “calculate amount raised” is the gross amount raised based on the activity results you’ve entered so far.
- If you add or edit activity results, this may affect your amount raised.