Adding Google Analytics can help give valuable insights to help shape your future fundraising decisions, including marketing and advertising activities.
If you already use Google Analytics and would like to add it to your organization's campaigns, skip directly to the "Add Google Analytics" section of this article. Otherwise, follow the instructions below to learn how to create a Google Analytics account and add it to your RallyUp campaign.
Create a Google Analytics account
- Open Google Analytics in a web browser.
- Log in with an existing Google account (i.e., your Gmail account), or create a new Google account.
- Click "sign up" (if you don't see a "Sign Up" button, you may already use Google Analytics and you can follow these instructions to add an additional Google Analytics account to manage separate data).
- Choose "website" and fill in the required information.
- Click "get tracking ID."
- After accepting the terms of service, you'll see a page with information about how to add tracking to your website. The only thing you'll need from this page is the Tracking ID, which start with "UA-".
Add Google Analytics
Now that you have a Google Analytics account and a tracking ID, follow the instructions below to incorporate it into your campaign pages.
- In your RallyUp account, go to your organization's settings by clicking the gear icon in the left-menu.
- Click Integrations.
- Enable Google Analytics by checking the box under Google Analytics.
- Enter the tracking ID (starts with "UA-") for your Google Analytics account.
- Click save.
Now, you can access insights through Google Analytics about visitor behaviors, which can be used to refine your ads or marketing activities. For example, if your traffic is predominantly coming from one specific social media platform, you might choose to focus exclusively on ads through that site. Or, you could try to adjust your ads on other platforms to draw in new donors based on key demographics. No matter how much or how little you ultimately choose to use it, Google Analytics can be a useful tool for supporting the outreach and success of any campaign.