Running an auction is an excellent way to raise funds for your organization. It can help tap into donors’ competitive spirit, adding an element of interest and excitement to the campaign and your cause.
With that being said, there may be an instance in which a bidder makes a mistake on their bid. Or, perhaps a bidder’s their situation changes and they need to cancel their bid. RallyUp has enabled a feature that allows you to assist donors who feel they’ve made a bid in error. We’ve made it easy for you, the campaign organizer, to comply with their request to cancel it.
Here’s how you can help a donor withdraw their bid:
- Go to my campaigns and click on your auction.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click on view auction bids.
- Find the winning status bid for that item. (Use the search tool to search by the bidder’s name.)
- Hover your mouse over the line of that bid.
- Click cancel bid in the three-dot menu on the right side.
Good to know:
- When a bid is cancelled, the next highest bid will automatically become the new highest bid for that item. That bidder will automatically receive a notification from RallyUp to let them know.
- This system does not allow bidders to cancel their own bids so that organizers can ensure that the process is fair to all participants.
- Only bids in winning status can be cancelled. Bids in outbid status cannot be cancelled, as there is no need to withdraw a bid when a higher bid has negated it.