Bidding on auction items can be a rewarding and exciting way to help the cause you love. RallyUp collects credit card information when an initial bid is placed on an auction item. At the end of the campaign, the winner will automatically be charged in the amount of the winning bid. This streamlines the payment process and makes bid updates hassle-free throughout the auction.
With that being said, there is a possibility that a bidder’s credit card information will need to be changed at some point during the auction. Luckily, regardless of whether a bidder’s card was lost, stolen, or deactivated for some reason, RallyUp has made it easy for bidders and organizers to update card information before an auction has ended.
Here’s how to update credit card information for a bid that’s already been placed:
- Log into your account and go to your my account area.
- Click on the my bids tab at the top.
- Find any of the bids in the list (it doesn’t have to be the most recent), hover over it, and in the three-dot menu on the right, click edit payment information.
- Click edit in the dialog next to your old payment information.
- Add your new payment information, then click save when you’re done.
- Go to my campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click on view auction bids.
- Click on the bidders tab at the top.
- Find the bidder you’re looking for in the list, hover over their name, and in the three-dot menu on the right, click edit payment information.
- Click edit in the dialog next to the old payment information.
- Add the new payment information, then click save when you’re done.
Good to know:
- When editing a bidder’s payment information, our system will automatically update the payment method for all items they’ve bid on. This means the bidder won’t have to go back and repeat this process if they’ve bid on multiple items.