In the fundraising world, it’s commonplace to have specific limitations for event registrations. When we say “limitations”, we mean things such as:
- Creating event registrations that remain open for a specific time frame (i.e. for the entire time leading up to the event or for a specified date range)
- Restricting the number of individuals who register for your event, thus allowing signup on a first-come, first-served basis (which is useful for controlling capacity when needed)
RallyUp gives you the flexibility to easily set these parameters within your event campaigns based on your fundraising needs.
What are my options?
Limited-time registrations: Great for large-scale events
Oftentimes, with larger events (such as galas, conferences, or banquets), you may want to get a head count in advance or generate excitement to ensure a good turnout. With RallyUp’s limited-time registration options, you can easily:
- Offer early bird sign-ups at a discounted price and a limited time to capture registrations early on
- Create a registration to appear at an advanced date so the registration window becomes live during your campaign
- Automatically close the registrations when they’re not available so they don’t appear on your campaign page anymore
Limited-quantity registrations: To generate a little bit of FOMO (fear of missing out)
Limiting the number of guests that can attend your event can:
- Generate excitement among prospective participants and help with planning
- Give your event an exclusive feel and may encourage donors to purchase their tickets early so they don’t miss out
- Help to remain within the occupancy limit if your event venue has one that’s strictly enforced
- Allow you to offer a select number of VIP registrations
How do I set limitations within my event registrations?
- Go to “My Campaigns” in the left menu
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click “Edit Fundraiser” *.
- Click “Event” in the timeline at the top.
- Click “Create a Registration”.
- To limit the number of registrations, click the box next to “Limit the quantity available for this registration” and enter the number available.
- To enter the dates this registration is available, click “More Options”. Check the box next to “Set specific dates for the sale of this registration” and enter the dates.
- Click “Save” when done.
A couple things to keep in mind
- Registrations available for a specified amount of time will be removed from the page after they expire.
- Registrations with a limited amount available will remain on the page after reaching their quota. The purchase button on the registration will no longer be active.
Have more questions?
We’re here to help! Our team is available via chat on our website during normal business hours. Just hit the orange message button in the bottom right of your screen.
*Note: Terminology may be different depending on the option selected in your campaign settings.