Running a fundraising campaign of any type can bring out the generous heart in many donors. It’s always a nice surprise when people call your organization to make a donation. If you’re running an online campaign through RallyUp during that time, you may want to add that phone donation to the campaign to contribute to its overall success. For your convenience, we’ve added a way for you to charge the credit cards of anyone who wishes to make an external donation through your RallyUp campaign so that it will be included in the total amount raised on your fundraiser.
In other cases, a donor may wish to contribute to a fundraiser without participating in an a-thon, bidding on an auction item, or otherwise making a donation in an amount which could vary. Allowing the option to call in or contribute in person with a one-time donation offers a level of flexibility many donors will appreciate, and it could also generate more funds for your campaign. The one-time donation will be added to the campaign, increase the amount raised, and will be included in the “view donations” report for the campaign. Learn more here about how to send your donor a receipt. All campaign types, including donation pages, have this option.
Here’s how to manually charge a donor’s credit card to include their donation in your campaign:
- Click on my campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of the campaign you would like to add an external donation. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click manage external donations.
- Click add donation.
- Select credit card for the payment method and enter the payment information.
- The credit card will be charged immediately after the external donation is saved.
Good to know:
- This option can only be used for one-time donations. For example, you can’t manually charge a donor’s card for per-unit pledges, purchasing event registrations, items, entries or for making a bid.