For campaigns with team fundraising enabled, teams and individual participants can generate their own unique links for their fundraising pages. This feature is particularly useful for exclusively member- and team-driven fundraisers. Participants can share custom links which are easier to share with donors, since there’s no need to type in a complicated URL.
This setting can be accessed wherever members and teams are created, including checkout and campaign management (within the view teams/view members pages). Participants, teams, and campaign organizers can all access this feature; we’ve provided steps for each option below.
For participants and teams
When you register for a fundraiser, you can access the option to create a custom URL in the registration checkout.
This option will become visible on the box where you enter your information, shown below:
This link will also appear on the email receipt you receive.
From your RallyUp account
If you choose to complete this step later, you can also create a custom link later, after you’ve already registered. Simply navigate to my account in your RallyUp account and completing the following steps:
- Click on my account (the circle in upper right of the screen with your initials).
- Click on the my members tab.
- Hover your mouse over the name and click the 3-dot icon at the far right of the line.
- Click edit.
- Enter the personalized section on the link at the bottom of the box.
- Click save.
For campaign organizers
- Click on my campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have chosen grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click view participants* or view teams* depending on what type of link you are editing.
- Hover your mouse over the participant or team you are looking for.
- Click the pencil icon at the far right of the line.
- Enter the personalized section of the link at the bottom of the box.
- Click save.
Good to know:
- If a team member or individual participant doesn’t add a custom link, the standard random-generated link will be given to that member/team.
- When adding a custom link, the original random-generated link will still work. In other words, if a team member or individual participant has already shared out the old link before changing it to the new link, the old link AND the new link will both work.
*Note: Terminology on these buttons may be different according to the terminology that you’ve chosen for your campaign.