Currently, Stripe is available in the countries listed on this page. RallyUp supports campaigns in the following countries where Stripe is not currently available: Romania, Brazil and Bulgaria. Yet, because Stripe is the platform’s designated credit card processor, an account is still required for participation. To create a Stripe account, users in these countries will therefore need to request an invite from Stripe and receive permission before being able to link a Stripe account to their RallyUp organization.
After your request to Stripe, you will be able to create an account but will not be able to have charges made in your country’s currency; you must choose a currency supported by Stripe. Your donors may therefore incur exchange fees if making their donation in a different currency.
RallyUp currently supports 15 different currencies; see the full list here.
While you’ll still be able to collect payments in over 135+ currencies through Stripe, conversion fees and foreign transaction fees will apply when your chosen currency does not match the primary currency.
Here’s how you can set up a Stripe account and link it to your RallyUp organization in a country not supported by Stripe:
- Contact Stripe here to request an invite to set up an account. In your message, simply state that you’d like to create a Stripe account in your particular country.
- After Stripe helps you create an account, go back into your RallyUp account to register your organization.
- When registering your organization, click the link which says, “Already have a Stripe account? Click here.”
- Log in to the Stripe account you’ve created.
You will then be redirected back to RallyUp, where you can now click “Create Account” and register your organization.
Good to know:
- These steps will only apply to campaign organizers setting up fundraisers in one of the following countries: Brazil, Romania and Bulgaria