Before we jump into turning the campaign chatter feature off, you may be wondering, what is campaign chatter? In a nutshell, campaign chatter allows your donors to leave a message on your fundraiser page after they donate. They can do things such as express their excitement about the cause or cheer on other participants. Our goal with campaign chatter is to create a way for your donors to engage more with your cause.
Now, you’re probably thinking - well, why would I want to turn that off? There are a few different reasons, such as:
- You just plain don’t like it, and that’s fine!
- You are worried that people will make inappropriate comments, and you would rather not deal with managing that.
- You would like to keep your campaign page cleaner without all the donor comments.
How to turn campaign chatter off
- Click on My Campaigns in the left menu.
- If you have chosen a list view, click on the title of your campaign. If you have selected a grid view, click on the campaign image.
- Click Edit Campaign*.
- Click Advanced Options in the timeline at the top.
- Click Checkout Options.
- Scroll down until you see this box. Click the option to ‘Prevent donors from leaving comments on the campaign page.’
The good news is that you can disable the campaign chatter feature at any time! So, if you decide you want donors to leave comments on your campaign when you launch and then later choose not to allow it, you can easily go back and disable the feature.
Can I manage the comments myself?
If you don’t want to disable the campaign chatter feature, you can manually monitor and edit the donor comments. Just keep in mind that you’d have to continually keep an eye on what’s being said on your page and know which comments need editing or removal.
Need more help?
We’re here for you! Our team is available via chat on our website during regular business hours. Just hit the orange message button in the bottom right of your screen.