There are two ways to receive the funds you raise on RallyUp:
- Direct Funding: have funds deposited directly to your bank account daily
- Deferred Funding: have funds collected and held for payment later (US only)
When registering your nonprofit or charity group, you'll have the option to choose Direct or Deferred Funding. We recommend choosing Direct Funding so that you'll receive your funds in daily deposits made directly into your bank account.
If you're an individual or business raising money to benefit a nonprofit but are not affiliated with the organization, your funds will automatically be collected using our Deferred Funding option. Read more about how you will withdraw and send funds to the nonprofit at the end of your campaign.
Choosing Direct Funding is the fastest and lowest-cost way to process and receive the funds raised from your campaign. Funds are deposited directly into your bank account, and you can receive a discounted nonprofit rate on payment processing fees.
All it takes to use Direct Funding is an email address. Once you enter the email you want to use for your Direct Funding account, you’ll receive an email from Stripe (the payment processor) with instructions to securely provide your direct deposit information.
RallyUp has partnered with Stripe to process all the donations made to your fundraiser. Stripe is a Tier 1 payment processor (the highest level of security) that transacts billions of dollars every year for some of the largest companies in the world. Learn more about Stripe here.
Click the button below to learn how to set up Direct Funding:
If receiving funds directly into your organization’s bank account isn't possible due to organization structure or policies, you can use Deferred Funding instead.
When you choose Deferred Funding, the funds raised on your campaigns will be collected and held for payment later. You’ll simply request funds when your campaign ends and choose whether you would like to receive them by check or ACH transfer.
There are a few details you should know before choosing Deferred Funding:
- The funds will be paid out approximately 90 days after the campaign ends. This 90-day period is solely to allow refunds and credit card disputes from the campaign to be processed.
- If your organization is large and/or well-established, the 90-day holding period can be waived. Please email email@example.com from your organization’s email domain to request a waiver.
- Donations processed using Deferred Funding will have a Stripe processing fee of 2.9% +$0.30 per transaction (Stripe's standard rate). This is slightly higher than the nonprofit rate available when using Direct Funding.
The vast majority of RallyUp customers use Direct Funding unless there is a specific reason they can't. Setting up Direct Funding takes only a couple of minutes, and the process is built right into your organization settings on RallyUp. Using Direct Funding provides you with reduced processing costs and daily deposit of funds right into your bank account.